Saturday, February 9, 2008

Like Mother Like Daughter

I just wanted to let all my friends and family know how special my mother is to me. Now that I have become a mother I can truely understand how much my mother loves me. Gavin has been sick for the past week and all he wants is his mommy. He has made it clear that Daddy is not a good replacement so I have been comforting him constantly. This has brought up old memories of my mom when I was young. Whenever I was sick or in pain my mom would comfort me like no one else on earth could do. I often remember saying; "I want my mommy". I still remember her touch the smell of her chest when she would embrase me. I will always treasure these memories as I hope my children will treasure me. I am grateful for her and the example she has set for me. I feel I will be a better mom because of her. I love you mom, thank you!

5 comments:

Victoria said...

What a wonderful thing to say to your Mom! I know she will love reading that. I often feel the same way about my Mom too but do not tell her enough. You're my inspiration to share those thoughts with her.

LOVE the new family picture - such a beautiful family :)

Love ya, Sis!

Unknown said...

Dear Jennie,
You can't imagine how much this means to me. I will treasure it always. I sure wish your grandmas were here to see what a wonderful young woman and mother you have become. I cannot emphasize that enough. I am going to call Grandpa and read it to him. I am sure he'll be thrilled. I pray for you all the time because I know you put so much pressure on yourself to be perfect, but you know that Daddy and I and Heavenly Father know you already are.

Love, Mom

Unknown said...

I also love the new picture. You guys look great. Gavin is such a big boy.
Grandma J

steph said...

very cute! I have always felt the same about my mom! Sounds like your mom really appreciated what you said.

Love the new family picture!

Carrie Anne said...

I love that...I feel the same way about my mom. It's so amazing how you can appreciate them SO MUCH once you become a mother, and I STILL want my mom ALL THE TIME...she's the first one I call for everything! We are so lucky to have such wonderful mothers. And Gavin is very lucky to have YOU! I hope things are going well for you!