Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's a GIRL!

We are very excited, I can't hardly wait to buy pink stuff and bows. I've got Crystal Burningham here that will be her stylist. Crystal seems to be a pro at baby girl fashion!
*
We have decided to name her "Penny Marie Campbell". We might change the middle name but that is what we have came up with so far. If you have any suggestions for a middle name we are open to discussion. As far as the first name, it's PENNY, if you don't like it, tough, we do! Sorry I don't mean to sound rude but we have gotten some interesting reactions to that name but both Steven and I LOVE IT and that's what matters.
*
John and Gavin are very excited to have a sister. I think they are ready for a change too. They are already skeeming up ideas to torture her =) And, while Steven won't admit it, he seem very excited that it's a girl. He says that he is only excited because I got what I wanted but I think he just doesn't want to admit that he is now going to have a Daddy's girl. Watch, she will have him wrapped around her little finger just like I had my Dad. lol!
*
Steven is doing good in Iraq. He says he is HOT! Well, we all know that he's very HOT but he means that the temperatures there are unbearable. He does a lot of emergency dental work mostly. He says he is getting a lot of experience doing root canals and 3rd molar extractions (wisdom teeth). He seems to be enjoying the experience but is hating being away from us. He also gets really bored. If any of you would like to e-mail him, he would love to hear from you, s.camp101@yahoo.com His 32nd Birthday is September 28th and our 8 year wedding anniversary is on September 29th. Steven has been gone for almost 3 months now and I can't even explain in words how much we miss him. The boys ask me almost everyday when he is coming home. They also make comments all the time about how much they miss him. Sometimes Gavin tells me when I am sad, "don't cry Mommy, daddy will be home soon" then he says, "if you cry I'm going to cry too, so don't!" That always snaps we out of it. I am very lucky to have such wonderful sons, they take good care of me =)
*
Steven is doing his best to get home by my due date (December 6th) but it's not looking good right now. If he were to get home by the 6th that would be a month early and I had both John and Gavin two weeks early. If that is the case I would have her in late November. I am keeping my fingers crossed but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. If he doesn't get home in time my parents will be here and I have an entire neighborhood of friends all lined up to help me. These Army wives are awesome, they are like my family and they have my back. Some of them are going through their 2nd and 3rd deployments! When ever I think I have it bad I just think of how strong all these women are. They are really just unbelievable women! Steven is on a 6 month deployment which is so short compared to others. Most soldiers go for at least 12 months and sometimes 15 to 18 months! We really need to keep these families in our prayers for the huge sacrifice they have and will continue to make.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is exciting news!! Can't wait until she makes her arrival and see pictures. Deployments stink but it sounds like overall things are going well. Glad to see your update! Take care....

Rachel said...

Congrats Jenny! That is so exciting you are having a little girl. You are amazing, hang in there. Garrett was gone for a month while I was pregnant and it was so hard. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you guys. I'm glad you have so much support out there to get you through it. Start shopping for fun pink dresses, that will make it easier too:)

Seriously... said...

congratulations!!!!
1.) so exciting!!! i'm way jealous. I love the name penny, i have a niece named penny....and she's adorable :)
2.) i want to hear how it's been going with steven being gone. My sis in laws husband just left for a 7 month deployment to Afg. email me your phone number again. kendra_nieman at hotmail dot com. we need to chat

The Larsons said...

So excited for you! And JEALOUS.. just a tad... of the cute little girl... NOT of the deployment! Being in the military as well, you really do realize how blessed we are, and how many families sacrifice for our freedoms. I was at a birthday party for Cooper's friend, and 5 our of 6 moms who were there had their husbands deployed at the time. Tough! We have been so lucky that Andrew has not had to deploy in our 2 years... hopefully this last year will go as smooth. SO fun that you get to buy PINK! Oh... and Andrew loves the name Penelope. Their similar... I am glad you are sticking with what you love! She'll be adorable if she looks anything like her mom! :)

Carrie Anne said...

oh how cute! i'm so excited for little penny & she is going to be so pretty!!!! congratulations! penny is a darling name & i love that not many people use it.
you have such a great attitude about steven being gone...i think of you wives ALL the time & so appreciate what they do...i cannot even imagine. you are awesome!

Tracey said...

Hooray!!! I am so thrilled for you and can just imagine the fun you are having getting ready for a little girl. I can just imagine how pretty she is going to be! I'm happy to hear you're surviving the first three months of Steven being gone. I know that even though you see a lot of women who have it worse that doesn't always take away your hard days or loneliness. You are one of those amazing women you were talking about! We will continue to pray for yours and Steven's safety, his speedy return, and will pray that you'll be blessed for this sacrifice you are making for all of us! Thank you!

Mom & Dad Campbell said...

We love the name Penny Marie. It sounds sort of "musical."

Happy Anniversary! We were aware of Steven's birthday, but had forgotten your anniversary. Hope this is the last anniversary you have to be separated and all future ones you can be together.

Hug Gavin and John for us. We love you all more than words can say.

Eva Wilson said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you guys! You have a cute little family there!

Regards,
Online Thesis Help