Monday, December 15, 2008

BLOGGING SLACKER!!

Ok, starting with the latest news. Steven and I just found out that he will be deploying for Iraq in April. He will be serving a 6 month tour. For those of you that are thinking; "poor Jennie =(" DON'T! Steven volunteered for the deployment and I am very proud that he is going. I am little scared but for the most part happy that he is able to serve his country in this way. We love being part of the US Army and it has blessed us in so many ways. I have no doubt that I will be well taken care of while he is gone. I have been very blessed to have many friends and family who take such good care of me. My neighborhood is about 90% military and 1/2 are deployed to either Afangistan or Iraq right now and most for 12 month deployments. I have a lot to be grateful for (6 months!!). Also these women have come to be my family. It is very unique for me to be united and excepted so quickly by so many different people. I know that I will always treasure this experience in days to come.
Ok, since I have been such a slacker lately I thought I would give you an update. Since my last blog a lot has happened, i.e. Holloween and Thanksgiving. Holloween was great, I dressed up as Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz and my boys were Power Rangers. Steven was gone to California for most of the month of October at NTC playing Army out in the sand pit. November we had some of our dearest friends, Brandon and Marion Kofford drive up from San Antonio to spend Thanksgiving with us. It was a blast, those guys are a ton of fun. I made the dinner and it turned out pretty good I must say.

5 comments:

Larry, Shanda, Aana, and Addison said...

Hey guys...ti is great to see your update! I am proud of Steven too. That picture is adorable and just captures great sentiment...I love it! I am glad that you will have a great support system around you so that the time will pass quickly for you to be apart! We would love to see you all sometime... I wish we weren't so far away! Thanks for the post!

Seriously... said...

well it's about time :) good to see you guys are doing good. My bro in law is going to afg. in either feb or may for 7 months. If you guys get bored while he's gone and want to take a trip to CA, we'd love to have you! My boys still talk about John and Gavin. I'm sad you guys are so far away, they were such cute little friends!!!! Anyway, I still need to call you so we can chat and catch up. If you get the chance, email me your phone number again (I don't know if i can find the last one you gave me). my email is kendra_nieman at hotmail dot com. hope to hear from you soon!!!
kendra

The Larsons said...

You have such a great attitude about everything! Being in the Air Force these last few years has really given me a whole new perspective! Getting to know the men, women, and families who make these sacrifices is truly humbling.

Marian said...

We had a blast during Thanksgiving! Thanks for inviting us. So glad to hear that you finally know when Steve is leaving and that it will be for 6 months. No more uncertainty about when, where, and how long. We'd LOVE to have you come down and visit while he's gone, or I could even come up for a few days. The kids had so much fun together. Talk to you soon.

Tracey said...

I hope things are going well getting ready for the deployment. You are amazing and I am so proud of you and Steven. We need more strong and amazing people willing to serve. THANK YOU!!! We will be praying for you and hoping that you truly get all the support you deserve.
I will be in Utah at the end of July and early August, let me know if you'll be there so we can get together!
Thanks!