Tuesday, April 8, 2008

MISS HEMET 1965

This is “Miss Hemet 1965”. Do you see any resemblance? You guessed it, Miss Hemet is also my mother. I love this picture of her. It’s always so hard to imagine your parents as teenagers. My mother was only 16 in this picture. For those of you that are saying, Hemet? Where in the heck is that?! Hemet is a small town in Southern California. Hemet is where I was born as well as my mother.
Any resemblance here? This is my father’s high school senior picture at about 17 years of age. He grew up in Anaheim California. He met my mom after getting set up on a blind date by a friend. He fell for her pretty quick, he proposed two weeks later. They where married a month after that.
31 years later and still very much in love, here they are!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I know where Hemet is!! I grew up in Riverside.

Anonymous said...

Aw, I remember that picture of your mom!

~Christa

Anonymous said...

I thought you were going to say that you mother was really yo daddy. What a pleaasant surprise.

Unknown said...

Hi.. I am the new pageant director for Hemet and wanted to use this picture for promo.. If you could e mail me that would be great at misshemetmisssanjacintopageant@gmail.com